In 1920, The Berlin suburb „Weißensee" was integrated into the community of Berlin and established itself as an international film city. Due to the many film production sites Berlin-Weißensee was also called "Little Hollywood". The DELPHI STUMMFILMKINO (silent movie cinema) opened its doors as one of the worlds last silent movie cinemas and witnessed the boom of the film industry in the 1920s and 1930s. Although in 1929 the Great Depression brought most cinemas to an abrupt end, the Delphi survived. In 1959, however, the movie theater was closed and the house fell into a slumber. The building's foyer was turned into a vegetable storage, laundry service point and stamp shop during the following years and has also been turned into a warehouse of civil defense of the GDR.
Since 2013, the Delphi is now an exceptional venue revealing the charm of the last century, including its largely preserved inventory.